Now that summer is here, so are the big gatherings and cookouts between friends and family. However, if you’re following a low carb or keto diet, this might mean you’ll be confronted with many high carb and non-keto-friendly foods. Or maybe you’ll be responsible for providing a dessert dish. No matter what the situation calls for, fat bombs are here to save the day.
What are fat bombs, exactly?
Fat bombs are a keto-friendly snack that are jam-packed with a number of different ingredients, filled with healthy fats sure to help you maintain a ketogenic state.
So, what’s so great about these Brain-Boosting Chocolate Coconut Fat Bombs?
This particular recipe is made up ingredients including Lily’s Chocolate Chips, coconut butter, coconut oil, Perfect Keto Nootropics, shredded coconut, coconut whipping cream, and Monk Fruit Sweetener.
Nootropics are cognitive enhancers that are often consumed for an extra brain boost. Nootropics are thought to have memory-enhancing effects as well as the ability to improve other cognitive functions.
The Perfect Keto Nootropic takes it a step further. The ingredients found in this particular nootropic include exogenous ketones, MCTs, collagen, phosphatidylserine, ginkgo biloba, alpha lipoic acid, l-theanine, cat’s claw, DHA, and alpha GPC.
In a pinch for time? No worries — these fat bombs are quick and easy to make. Once you’ve put the mixture in the fridge for an hour, all you have to do is pack them up and keep them cold until you’re ready to dig in.
Craving something sweet and chocolatey but worried about being kicked out of ketosis? With these Brain-Boosting Chocolate Coconut Fat Bombs, you’ll have no reason to worry with their abundant amount of healthy fats and all the important ingredients to improve your cognitive health as well.Print
Brain-Boosting Chocolate Coconut Fat Bombs
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 14
- 2 cups of Lily’s Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups of coconut butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 scoop Perfect Keto Nootropics
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup coconut whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Monk Fruit Sweetener
- Set out a muffin sheet — place paper muffin liners in tray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the coconut whipping cream and Monk Fruit Sweetener.
- Mix with a hand mixer on high for 30 seconds.
- Add in the melted coconut, melted coconut butter, and melted chocolate chips. Mix.
- Add in Perfect Keto Nootropics and shredded coconut. Continue mixing.
- When fully blended, pour mix evenly into the muffin tray.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill for an hour or more.
- Calories: 371
- Fat: 31.1g
- Carbohydrates: 21.1g (Net Carbs: 9.6g)
- Fiber: 11.3g
- Protein: 8.8g
Steph is a writer, competitive weightlifter and nutritional consultant with a passion for health and wellness. She is the founder of The Athlete’s Kitchen, a website dedicated to providing its audience with articles, recipes and the latest nutritional information on their favorite foods.