Time to indulge in a creamy, velvety, and rich dessert. But don’t worry, you won’t have to feel guilty after trying this recipe. In fact, your taste buds will love you! This Perfect Keto Chocolate Mousse is another delicious way to get your ketones. Not to mention, you’ll also get more healthy fats and nutrients compared to traditional mousse recipes.
The Not-So-Secret Superfood
Those of us on the ketogenic diet love our fats. Of course, we always strive to include the healthiest fats in our diet, so it’s no surprise one of the smartest fat fuels has been incorporated in this recipe.
The avocado, along with its buttery and nutty flavor and creamy texture, boasts many nutritional highlights. One of them is that it is a low-carb friendly plant food with an abundance of 20 different vitamins and minerals. The nutrient dense avocado helps increase the absorption of fat-soluble nutrients, like Vitamin A, which is involved in immune, vision, and cellular functions.
Additionally, avocados are low in saturated fats and high in monounsaturated fatty acids. The majority of fat in avocados is oleic acid, which contributes to a reduction in blood sugar spikes, reduced risks of many diseases, and aids in weight loss.
Other Avocado Benefits:
- High amount of fiber
- Regulates blood sugar
- Helps fight free radicals
- Does not contain any cholesterol or sodium
- High potassium content (more than a banana)
- Promotes gut health
- Promotes eye health
Did You Know?
The avocado is an Aztec symbol of love and fertility. An avocado tree needs another avocado tree nearby to bear fruit, and when it does, the avocados grow in pairs.
Perfect Keto Chocolate Mousse
Exogenous ketones in a dessert? With the Perfect Keto Chocolate mousse, yes, it’s very possible! You even get an added bonus of healthy fats and nutrients.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen cauliflower
- 1/2 medium, ripe avocado
- 2/3 cup unsweetened, full fat, canned coconut milk
- 2 scoops Chocolate Sea Salt Exogenous Ketones
- 2 scoops collagen peptides (optional)
- 2 tbsp Erythritol sweetener
- 2 heaping tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, more to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon, more to taste
- Pinch of salt
- Combine all of the ingredients in your blender
- Blend until smooth
- You will have a cool, dark, smooth chocolate mousse to enjoy!
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 248 (188 without collagen)
- Fat: 13.9
- Carbohydrates: 12.7 (Net: 6.1)
- Protein: 17.5 (2.5 without collagen)
Keywords: Perfect Keto Chocolate mousse
Cristina Curp is the creative mind behind The Castaway Kitchen, a blog dedicated to delicious foods and healing diets. Food is thy medicine and it should taste damn good.