Having a group of family or friends over but not sure what to make to satisfy all of their individual needs? We’ve got your back.
This delicious dinner casserole is low carb and keto friendly, so everyone attending can indulge in a crowd-pleasing homemade meal without stress.
The ketogenic diet requires a large amount of your calories to come from fatty meats and fish. But one recipe staple that is often overlooked is chicken breast. Free-range chicken offers many benefits you may be missing out on if you’re always getting your protein from another source. Some of the benefits of free-range chicken include its abundance of protein, vitamins and minerals, and the fact that it contains no hormones or antibiotics. In fact, some studies have found that eggs produced by free-range chickens actually contain a higher amount of omega-3 fatty acids as well as vitamins A and E[*].
However, chicken isn’t the only healthy ingredient that this casserole is packing. The bulk of this meal includes one of the most popular low carb rice substitutes out there today — cauliflower rice.
Cauliflower provides some key health benefits as well as being loaded with key vitamins and minerals. Cauliflower has been considered to be one of the best veggies to consume on the planet. But what makes it so great?
A one cup serving contains a total of only 25 calories, and provides you with vitamins and minerals such as potassium, manganese, pantothenic acid, thiamine, riboflavin, magnesium, phosphorus, folate, vitamin C, vitamin K, and vitamin B6.
Thinking you can’t have casserole and “low carb” in the same sentence let alone have it for a main course? Well, think again! Grab all of these ingredients the next time you’re at the grocery store and set yourself up for a successful meal!
Prep-Ahead Low Carb Casserole
This nutritional low carb casserole is the perfect dinner to help you get the most out of your meal prepping.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- 1 lb. chicken breast, cooked, cubed
- 4 strips bacon, cooked, crumbled (Optional: 2 additional strips, cooked, crumbled, for garnish)
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 3 large eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except mozzarella. Mix until well-combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared casserole dish. Top with mozzarella.
- Bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, increase heat to broil and broil until mozzarella turns golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
- Calories: 234
- Fat: 13.8g
- Carbohydrates: 6.3g (Net Carbs: 4.3g)
- Protein: 21.8g
Keywords: low carb casserole